How to CHOOSE in a world of INFINITE choices
Have you ever had a mile long list of “to do’s”, and you take a look at it & say “screw it!” and 5 minutes later you find yourself watching Netflix instead of doing what you set out to accomplish.
This is called being overwhelmed.
Your brain tries to process, prioritize, categorize, and fit everything all into a timeline at once, and then realizes that it can’t so it goes, “Oh no thank you, that is making me feel a lot of stress at once. I would rather not feel stress…..what’s not stressful? Uh…..Netflix!”
It’s not your fault, your mind is just trying to make you feel comfortable, it knows you don’t like stress.
This is why your body is an awesome vessel, it is whatever you choose it to be, maybe it’s a massive yacht, maybe it’s a speedy jet, maybe it’s a supersonic space jet… regardless you are the pilot and your mind is the co-pilot! Just remember who is in charge.
So, what’s actually going on here?
Here’s the breakdown:
- When you give the mind too many options it shuts down & you get nothing done.
- When you give the mind limited options, it’s easier to execute the plan, which results in action!
Moral of the story: Less is more
So if less IS more, then how in the HECK are we supposed to choose who we want to BE and what we want to DO, if there are so MANY things to choose from?! Where do we even begin?!
Well.. I’m glad you asked 🙂
It’s simple really:
In order to know what you want, you have to know who you are.
If you know who you are, it’s easy to know you want.
The more you begin to understand yourself and what you truly need, the clearer you will see your position in this infinite world. Turns out, you weren’t meant to control it, none of us are. We are meant to live in it. This is the relationship we all have with life.
A saying I once heard which I think is quite insightful is, “Life is what happens to you when you’re making plans”
What you give life, life will give you. Be patient with life, and it will be patient with you. Respect your world, and you will be filled with honor. Learn what you, and you alone, want from this life. Remember, you only have 1 life, so you might as well make what you want full abundance and awesomeness.
Here are 10 questions to ask yourself to start to discover YOUR VOICE so you can begin to understand you and your mind a little better:
- What angers you?
- What makes you cry?
- What have you mastered?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you had all the time and money in the world, what would you do?
- What would blow your mind?
- What change would you like to see in the world?
- If you had one day left, how would you spend it?
- If you had a million dollars & couldn’t spend it on yourself, what would you do with it?
- What makes you smile?
If you want to find your voice, you have to be okay with failure. Every failure you make, you are closer to who you are & where you belong. Failure is INEVITABLE. Just make friends with it 🙂 It’s only temporary setbacks that give you a step up for your future! L does not stand for loser, it stands for lesson.
IF YOU WANT TO FIND YOUR VOICE:
- You’re going to have to think things you have never thought before
- You’re going to have to feel things you have never felt before
- You’re going to have to do things you have never done before.
You can find your voice later, or you can start now.